Bloom is group for women in their twenties and early thirties. We are currently studying "Uninvited" by Lysa TerKeurst. Jenna Coutts and Britany Ederveen are the group leaders.
The enemy wants us to feel rejected . . . left out, lonely, and less than. When we allow him to speak lies through our rejection, he pickpockets our purpose. Cripples our courage. Dismantles our dreams. And blinds us to the beauty of Christ’s powerful love.
In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences with rejection—from the incredibly painful childhood abandonment by her father to the perceived judgment of the perfectly toned woman one elliptical over.
With biblical depth, gut-honest vulnerability, and refreshing wit, Lysa helps readers:
· Release the desire to fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process their hurt.
· Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady their soul and restore their confidence.
· Overcome the two core fears that feed our insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging.
· Stop feeling left out and start believing that "set apart" does not mean "set aside."
· End the cycle of perceived rejection by refusing to turn a small incident into a full blown issue.
This is a 6 week study. We will meet in the Yampa Room of the Solomon Centre Tuesdays, beginning April 4th, from 6:30-8:30pm. Please make sure to pick up a copy of the book and study guide. Please read chapters 1-3 prior to our first meeting!