Southeast Christian School has an immediate opening for a full-time Learning Support Specialist.
Time Requirements: Full Time
Grade Levels: K-8
Min. Education: BS/BA
Certification: Valid Colorado Teaching License
Experience: 2+ years preferred
We seek a committed Christian who is a high quality learning support specialist with a minimum of a bachelors degree and teaching certification. Special consideration will be given to individuals with a special education endorsement and/or experience with supporting small group interventions in literacy and math.
We expect that the teacher will have a deep understanding of MTSS and a proactive, Christian approach to collaborating with homeroom teachers, families, and the student to design, implement, and collect progress monitoring data towards students Individual Accommodation Plans. A familiarity with goal setting and positive supports is critical to helping our students reach potential.
The candidate must have a working knowledge of best practices for literacy and math interventions and open to supporting the student through a variety of methodologies including co-teaching, push in, pull out small group, and resource setting.
An ideal candidate will be an effective communicator with staff, families, and students. This position requires consistent communication and collaboration to best support students in need of intervention with a core belief that all students can do All Things Through Christ including academic growth.
- Extensive understanding and application of Intervention Methodologies.
- Communication Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Adept with Google Suite.
- Knowledge and Training in RTI/MTSS, Advantage Math, Read Naturally, Daily 5, Take Flight, Reading Plus, or other brain based, research based interventions.
- Experience with DRA, Dibels, Easy CBM, rubric construction and diagnostic math assessment.
- An encourager and Motivator with staff, students, and parents.
- Understanding and application of brain based instruction research, Kagan methodologies, Marzanos work, and learning styles/multiple intelligences.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a formal application through our website and will participate in interviews with a committee of representatives from our staff and community.