Reports to: Childcare Coordinator
Position description: Ensures the safety, security and supervision of children ages birth – 12 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Observe and monitor children’s activities.
- Participate in children’s play activities, including teaching Bible curriculum when available.
- Serve refreshments to children as needed.
- Change diapers as needed.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Follow all childcare safety and discipline policies.
- Communicate pertinent information to parents.
- Complete incident reports as needed.
- Follow appropriate children check-in and check-out procedures.
- Ensure room is clean and prepared for next group who will be using room.
- Age 16+ years of age.
- Experience as a childcare worker.
- Must possess excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve problems.
- Must be flexible and willing to work where assigned.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and maintain a professional attitude.
Time Requirements: Seasonal, as needed. On-call scheduling is also available as scheduled through the Childcare Coordinator. Morning availability preferred.