Reports to: Family Pastor
Position description: Work on a team to equip, coach and support volunteers to lead fun and exciting weekly experiences where children are encouraged to develop a personal relationship with Christ.
Time Requirements: These responsibilities will be performed in an average of 5 hours per week including weekends and occasional evenings.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Operations: Carry out the ministry vision and strategy by assisting, supporting and empowering volunteers.
Ministry Partners: Assist in recruiting, training and equipping volunteers to lead children with confidence and effectiveness.
Environment: Work collaboratively to maintain an environment that is kid friendly, safe, clean, and wins the trust of parents.
- Attend one worship service every weekend while being present in hallways during all other weekend services on the individual schedule.
- Ensure that ministry area is prepared to receive children and their families with proper staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of curriculum and ability to give guidance and direction to volunteers as needed in order to carry out the curriculum strategy on a weekly basis.
- Assist in developing volunteers.
- Ensure that proper security and risk management procedures are observed.
- Foster relationships with children and their parents, as well as volunteers, in a manner which preserves and furthers the integrity of the ministry.
- Report weekend ministry statistics to supervisor.
- Participate in recruitment events, special ministry events, trainings and community building events.
- Must be anchored to God personally in his/her life and have the heart of Christ in his/her leadership direction.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Must be able to lead, coach and develop volunteers.
- Must be comfortable opening large group Worship time with Preschoolers and MP’s.
- Must be able to lead a classroom or small group in the absence of volunteers.
- Must have a love for children and Children’s Ministry.
- Must be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and maintain a professional attitude.
- Must be able to assess and prioritize needs in a calm and collective manner.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a ministry or Bible-teaching setting.
- Proficient computer & communication skills