Position Description: Supports the overall operational readiness of the building and grounds; performing general maintenance and improvements.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Time requirements: Full-time (approximately 40 hours/week); non-exempt. Will be required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades: plumbing, minor electrical, painting, dry wall repair, HVAC maintenance, and other recognized crafts.
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for repairs, maintenance, and minor custodial duties.
- Classroom and event setup preparations on a daily basis.
- Assist in seasonal grounds duties including landscape, parking lot, snow and ice removal and maintaining overall tidiness and cleanliness of the property.
- Assist and serve as team member and backup to other Facilities employees.
- Operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Previous experience in building maintenance or comparable trades a plus.
- Perform physical labor.
- Familiarity with general building systems.
- An ability to diagnose and implement repairs and/or mitigate issues.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
- Able to handle multiple projects and interruptions to workflow.
- Maintain gracious, cooperative and professional working relationships.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL not required).
- Heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time during shifts and special events.
- Perform in all weather conditions and seasons.
- The position requires a full range of body motion including reaching, stooping, kneeling, climbing and walking.
- Able to work from ladders, lifts and scaffolding at heights up to 45 feet.
- Ability to handle unpleasant sanitization duties.
- Must be a maturing Christian who is committed to growing as a daily disciple and loving like Jesus where they live.
- Wholeheartedly believe in and be willing to live out the vision, core values and ministry mandates of Southeast Christian Church.
- Strives to live as Jesus commanded: to love God with all of your heart, with all your soul and with all of your mind; and to love others as yourself.
- Work to maintain healthy relationships and model Christ’s love and follow His commands even in the midst of conflict.