Reports to: Early Childhood Director
Position description: Assist the Early Childhood Director in leading childcare staff in creating a safe, fun and meaningful childcare experience through investing in the discipleship of the staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the oversight of the Childcare ministry: Assist in leading the ministry vision and strategy (aligned with Children's Pastor) for all staff in ministry.
- Staff: Assist in recruiting, training and developing childcare staff to accomplish the vision of the ministry which is to support families as they grow in discipleship through caring for children.
- Environment: Work collaboratively with the Childcare workers and Director to create a loving environment.
- Help in scheduling Paid Childcare for events and ministries.
- Help hiring and on-boarding new Childcare staff.
- Order supplies, snacks, crafts.
- Assist in training the team of Childcare workers.
- Assist in running the Summer Ministry.
- Experience as a childcare worker.
- Must possess excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve problems.
- Must be flexible and willing to work where assigned.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and maintain a professional attitude.
- Participate in annual staff conference events.
- Personal relationship with Christ and the commitment to grow as a daily disciple.
- A heart committed to the spiritual growth of children and their families.
TIME REQUIREMENT: 20 hours/week, some weekends are required.