Position Description: The Web Designer/Social Media Manager role will be part of the Creative Team. This role will focus on five primary digital communication outlets (Southeast website, social media, web presence, digital media and the Southeast app) while assisting the Creative team as needed. This position will work directly with Southeast’s leaders to capture and share digital content.
Time Requirements: This position may be a part or full-time role. If it begins as a part-time role there is potential to expanding into full-time. Weekend service times are the highest priority with flexibility on the weekdays and other events.
Reports To: Associate Pastor
- Administrator (Squarespace CMS Platform)
- Lead all efforts related to the creation, development and updating of current content regarding Southeast website.
- Online Campus
- Assist the Online Campus director with marketing and connection.
- Strategize and build engaging content for current and emerging social media outlets.
- Build strong ties/followings on various social media outlets including (but not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vines, You Tube, Periscope
- Interface with ministry leaders around social media strategy.
- Build a growing team of volunteers focused on sharing Southeast’s message through social media.
- Assist the Creative Team with social network advertising.
- Proactively work to make sure Southeast maintains an active presence on the web:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Works to ensure a collaborative web presence on websites of partnering ministries.
- Build a growing team of volunteers focused on sharing Southeast’s message through digital media.
- Manage ongoing communication strategies, in coordination with the Creative Team:
- Wufoo Forms
- Stripe (Payment System)
- Mail Chimp
- Digital bulletin
- Wufoo Forms
- Interface with Southeast leaders around the Southeast app content, mission and strategy.
Works Directly with the Creative Team
- Creative Director on all church content, strategy and new initiatives.
- Creative Project Specialist for promotional content, timeline, budget and general employment pieces.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Engages with friends on a variety of social media platforms.
- Eager and able to learn emerging technology quickly.
- Proficient and engaging writer.
- Solid understanding of Southeast’s unique culture.
- Love for sharing the Gospel message in new and creative ways.
- Team player with a “whatever it takes” mentality.
- Knowledge of Square Space and WordPress a plus.
- Searches for and implements use of new social media apps.