Reports to: Lead Student Ministry Pastor
Position description: Oversee discipleship strategy for middle & high school girls that deepens their commitment to Christ and increases their engagement in the Church.
Time requirements: 40 hours/week, Weekends are required
Three Areas of Primary Responsibility:
- Special Events
- Revitalize – Use Coaching Model to build community and spiritual growth.
- Recruit – On board female leaders who will keep small groups at a 1:8 ratio
- Resource – Equip female volunteers to effectively disciple girls according to their unique needs and life stage
- Connect – Lead students into taking their next steps for discipleship (small group attendance, serving, church attendance)
- Care – Schedule student appointments, pastor students in need
3. SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Schedule – Coordinate with Student Team to develop an annual calendar for special events (retreats, camps, experiences)
- Show up – Coordinate with Student Team the attendance of special events
- Assist in developing annual large group teaching plan
- Be physically present for all weekly student gatherings
- Participate in weekly staff, Department, and Strategic Team meetings
- Participate in annual staff conference events
- Participate in all weekend services, attending one, working with students the others
- Coordinate with Next Gen Team in planning and managing the Student budget
- Work closely with other Next Gen staff on any areas of ministry cross-over
- Partner with other Southeast Staff for special events involving students (VBS, baptisms, church outreach, camps, retreats, etc.)
- Be on mission with Southeast Christian Church. This means:
- We start where you are.
- We love where we live.
- We grow together as daily disciples.
- Ability to build teams and develop leaders
- At least two years experience on a church staff in student ministry (or related field)
- Strong people skills: Help de-escalate conflict and impart confidence in volunteers
- Strong team member skills, including cooperation, self-motivation, courtesy, and professional approach.