Reports to: Guest Services and Events Director
Employment classification: Part-time non-exempt support staff
Time requirements: This job will be performed in 16 hours per week. Thursday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (with 1 hour for lunch each day)
Position description: The purpose of the Receptionist is to ensure that Southeast presents itself as a friendly, professional and loving environment to everyone that calls or enters our administrative offices. We hope to accomplish this through exceptional hospitality when engaged with our guests. We ensure that anyone that has business at Southeast is given the personal and professional attention they deserve and require.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Cover the phone needs Thursday and Friday and ensure phones are covered during breaks.
- Greet and sign in visitors in a kind and loving manner and direct them to their destination.
- Maintain the cleanliness and overall condition of the lobby area, such as watering plants, ensuring area is clean, etc.
- Review and approve UPS invoices.
- Check and distribute faxes.
- Assist with the maintenance of the weekend update sheets.
- Sort the mail.
- Professional and friendly demeanor in person and via the telephone.
- Respectful and encouraging to all who enter the offices or call on the phone.
- Knowledge of multi-line phone system.
- Basic PC skills including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Web-enabled programs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and maintain a professional attitude.
- Be able to handle delicate and sensitive calls and visitors in a gentle manner.