Grow with other men
Men's Ministry at Southeast is about helping men connect with each other to grow, and to make a difference in each other's lives and in the world around us.
As men, we long to live with purpose and to make an impact on others. We long to know God and to love people well. Often, life and culture work against these priorities, causing many of us to live in isolation and feel unfulfilled. We need each other to stay on track and grow in our journey with God. We need each other in order to become the men God intended us to be.
Places to Start
Looking for an easy first step? Great places to get started with men's ministry include:
- Friday Morning Prayer with Phil (7:00-7:30am) - Meet with pastor Phil at the church on Friday mornings at 7:00am to hear an overview of the sermon and to pray with other men for the weekend services and the church.
- Six-Ten Group (Tuesday's from 6:30-8:30pm) - Join us when you can at Southeast in room 251 on Tuesday nights at 6:30pm. For more information contact Brian Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Lanskey, email@example.com. The group is based on Ephesians 6:10, which states, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." and that is what we hope to do!
Check below for other events and groups. If you have any questions or problems getting connected with a group, please contact Jason McBride: firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 19 – Men’s Movie Night
- April 16 – Men’s Breakfast
- June 18 – Men’s BBQ
- August 13 – Men’s Breakfast
- October 7-9 – Men’s Conference
- November 5 – Men’s Breakfast
- November 24 – Turkey Bowl
Check out these men's groups for great opportunities to get connected: List of Men's Groups
Men's Serving Opportunities
Father's in the Field - We Need You!
Father’s in the Field connects men in a mentoring relationship with boys in the church who do not have a regular "dad" figure in their life. Their mission is to rekindle and establish the spirit of boys who have been abandoned by their fathers; mentoring them one-on-one in life skills through outdoor activities, and by sharing a Christian understanding of our Heavenly Father's love and sacrifice for His children.
We need you! We are looking for mentors who are willing to connect with boys and help them in the journey. If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact Jack Alexakis.
If you would like more information about Fathers in the Field, you can find descriptions and videos on their website: http://fathersinthefield.com/