In November 2013, Southeast linked arms with another local church Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PEPC) to assist Petros Network in its first-ever healthcare outreach. The effort was immensely successful, and immediate plans were made to return in the fall of 2014. This will be another healthcare trip with a greater focus on establishing a long-term health, nutrition and hygiene teaching component.
Southeast deeply values its partnership with Petros Network, which is actively at work in church planting in Ethiopia, South Sudan and Uganda. Their ministry is also engaged in education, a medical care ministry, micro-grants and employment for widows, water projects, model farms and orphan care.
As of December 2014, in the previous 44 months 979 churches have been planted and 147,193 people in or around the Gojo, Oromia region of Ethiopia have committed their lives to Christ. We are so thrilled to aid Christians in East Africa to reach their countries with the Gospel!
If you would like to learn more about this trip or about Petros Network, please contact Rebecca Bolsen, Missions Assistant, at email@example.com or by phone at 720-842-5522.
- Dates: October 29 - November 8, 2015
- Cost: $2800/person
- Location: Gojo, Ethiopia
- Trip Size: 12-15 people
- Team Lead: Steve Brien, Missions Pastor
- Program: Healthcare, Nutrition and Health Training
- Requirements: Passport, Petros Network application
- Deadline: Application & Deposit due July 15
Praying Pelican Missions began over 20 years ago through a friendship with a pastor in Belize that continues to provide the foundation for our ministry today. Praying Pelican Missions is a short-term international missions organization serving the needs of indigenous local churches, pastors, and communities around the world.
Through Praying Pelican Missions, more than 12,000 short-term missionaries have served in over 200 different communities throughout Belize, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Africa, and parts of the U.S. Teams join us from all over the United States and Canada, making us the largest provider of short-term mission opportunities.
- Dates:January 22-30, 2015
- Cost: $1980/person
- Location: Mainland and islands of Panama
- Trip Size: 12 people
- Team Lead: Steve Brien, Southeast Missions Pastor
- Program: Healthcare: medical and dental
- Requirements: Passport, Southeast application, $200 deposit and very good health
- Deadline: Application & Deposit due November 15, 2015
This will be a healthcare trip, with a focus on the medical needs of both the mainland Panamanians and Ngöbe Indians who occupy the jungle and island areas of the country. Healthcare professionals needed, but non-medical helpers are welcome to serve in the “pharmacy!”
All team member have now received full funding support, thank you for helping to send them; we invite you to continue to pray for the members of this team, as follows (these pray points are fairly universal and could be used either for an individual or an entire team):
How To Pray For Short-Term Missions
Consider what the team will experience on their mission trip and pray specifically. These ideas might help you.
- The purpose of the mission will be clear.
- Each team member will find a unique way to exercise their spiritual gift.
- The team will bond together around the purpose of the trip.
- All the preparations will come together.
- The team will be built up spiritually.
On The Trip:
- Safety in travel.
- Favor as they pass through customs.
- Good health and an abundance of energy and strength.
- Protection from any and all danger.
- God's blessing in team ministry activities.
- The salvation of souls and the strengthening of believers.
- Restful sleep at night in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Adjustments to cultural differences.
- Flexibility as plans change for whatever reason.
- The team will be able to communicate what the trip did in their own lives.
- The team will adjust well to re-entry into American culture.
- The people they ministered to will continue to grow in their faith.
Southeast has had a strong partnership with Juan and Ydalia Rodriguez and the ministry of ‘David’s Well’ for several years now. David’s Well not only preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ but helps facilitate healthcare, education and clean water to the Ngöbe peoples primarily in the Chiriqui and Bocas del Toro provinces. For more information on the ministry of David’s Well at work in the country of Panama, check out their videos at youtube.com/user/davidswellpanama.
I am so very blessed and happy to be joining Mercy Ships in Madagascar as a Pediatric Nurse. I am 61 years old and have been a pediatric nurse for 20 years. I feel God has been preparing me for this all my life!
It is so very humbling to be able to share God's love and mercy by extending the healing ministry of Christ to children in one of the poorest regions of the world. My prayer is that I am able to be but a small light of Jesus's love by sharing his gifts of healing while administering care and education to the people of this remote island.
Should you find it in your heart to serve the Lord through a small donation, God bless you, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. http://mercyships-us.donorpages.com/crewmates/riderd/
Dates of the trip: January 8th, 2015 and returning May 3rd.