Southeast has partnered with Mercy Ships for several years, sending teams to serve alongside the Africa Mercy when the ship has been docked in various ports along the coast of West Africa. Mercy Ships follows the 2,000-year-old model of Jesus to provide hope and healing to the world’s forgotten poor, and Southeast loves to help in any way possible!
If you would like to find out more about this trip or about Mercy Ships, please fill out and submit the form below. The Missions Department will contact you!
This is a non-medical opportunity to pack up the Africa Mercy as it wraps up its stay in Pointe Noire, the Republic of Congo and get it ready for sail to its dry dock location - Tenerife, Canary Islands. The team will pack up the clinics, tents and containers, power wash and clean decks, windows and galley and anything else needed to prep the ship for departure. Team members can choose the option to stay an additional 2 weeks in West Africa and sail with the ship to the Canary Islands.
- Dates: May 16-31, 2014 (Optional sail for additional 2 weeks - June 1-18, 2014)
- Cost: $2900 (price may be higher for flight from Tenerife - USA)
- Location: Republic of Congo, optional sail to Canary Islands
- Trip Size: Max of 5 people
- Team Lead: Steve Brien, Missions Pastor
- Program: Pack-Up Mercy Team
- Requirements: Passport, Mercy Ships application, $150 deposit & Very Good Health
- Deadlines: Application & deposit due January 30, 2014
If you would like to support an individual who is going on the trip to Congo in May, please click on their picture. You will be directed to that individual's fundraising page where you can proceed with your donation.