- Dates:January 22-30, 2015
- Cost: $1980/person
- Location: Mainland and islands of Panama
- Trip Size: 12 people
- Team Lead: Steve Brien, Southeast Missions Pastor
- Program: Healthcare: medical and dental
- Requirements: Passport, Southeast application, $200 deposit and very good health
- Deadline: Application & Deposit due November 15, 2015
This will be a healthcare trip, with a focus on the medical needs of both the mainland Panamanians and Ngöbe Indians who occupy the jungle and island areas of the country. Healthcare professionals needed, but non-medical helpers are welcome to serve in the “pharmacy!”
All team member have now received full funding support, thank you for helping to send them; we invite you to continue to pray for the members of this team, as follows (these pray points are fairly universal and could be used either for an individual or an entire team):
How To Pray For Short-Term Missions
Consider what the team will experience on their mission trip and pray specifically. These ideas might help you.
- The purpose of the mission will be clear.
- Each team member will find a unique way to exercise their spiritual gift.
- The team will bond together around the purpose of the trip.
- All the preparations will come together.
- The team will be built up spiritually.
On The Trip:
- Safety in travel.
- Favor as they pass through customs.
- Good health and an abundance of energy and strength.
- Protection from any and all danger.
- God's blessing in team ministry activities.
- The salvation of souls and the strengthening of believers.
- Restful sleep at night in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Adjustments to cultural differences.
- Flexibility as plans change for whatever reason.
- The team will be able to communicate what the trip did in their own lives.
- The team will adjust well to re-entry into American culture.
- The people they ministered to will continue to grow in their faith.
Southeast has had a strong partnership with Juan and Ydalia Rodriguez and the ministry of ‘David’s Well’ for several years now. David’s Well not only preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ but helps facilitate healthcare, education and clean water to the Ngöbe peoples primarily in the Chiriqui and Bocas del Toro provinces. For more information on the ministry of David’s Well at work in the country of Panama, check out their videos at youtube.com/user/davidswellpanama.