Series: He Is I’m Not
Title: Part 3
Date: January 21-22, 2017
Speaker: Ben Patterson
In an impromptu meeting alongside the Sea of Galilee, Jesus made statements that difficult for many followers to come to grips with and so they walked away, the boldest statement being that He was the Bread of Life. Peter was given the chance to walk away as well and replied, “Where else would we go?” Every single day we will choose our response to Jesus, what will your response be today?
Passage: John 6:25-69
· When you go to a sandwich shop (like Subway), what type of bread do you get?
· Read John 6:25-69.
· Your perception of God determines your pursuit of God. What is your perception of who God is?
· Jesus said the work of God is to first believe. Is this easy or hard for you (John 6:28-29)
· Have you ever asked God to give you a sign? (John 6:30-31)
· Jesus said he is the bread of life and anyone who comes to him will not be hungry or thirsty. What gets in the way of going to Jesus? (John 6:35-36)
· Jesus always gives us the choice to follow him (John 6:67). How do you go about making an active decision each day to follow Jesus? When is it hard to follow Jesus? What are some things that get in the way or lead you astray?
· The “How God Works (I Think)” Chart is: Impossible -> Trust -> Obey -> Blessing.
How has God worked this way in your life?
· Have you experienced a miracle or blessing from God? If so, share.
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?