Psalm 1 - We are talking about the paths we can take in life. Sometimes we just go through life without making the decisions that will put us on the “happy” path. The blessed path. The way of the righteous.
Psalm 1:6 states “For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.”
It #GrowVember - Every day in November to engage in three habits.
• Engage with the Scriptures by reading through the reading guide every day.
• Reflect on what you read throughout the day.
• Discuss it with someone else.
The commitment is without guilt. If you miss some days don’t let guilt hang you up just pick up where you are and see how it affects your life at the end of November. These actions will help us to make wise decisions that determine what path we are on.
Psalm 1:1 — Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
• Read Psalm 1:1. What does it encourage us to do?
• Why are these good things to consider and make decisions about?
• What are the consequences of not thinking about these things?
• What is the difference between intentionally deciding and just sampling whatever comes along?
• Why is isolation an option that we sometimes make?
• What did Jesus’ life look like in relationship to sinners?
Proverbs 3:18 – Wisdom is a tree of life those who lay hold of her, those who hold her fast are called blessed.
Proverbs 13:20 – Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
• What is wise in relationship to who we hang out with, what we talk about and where we go?
• How can we be sure to be in healthy circles of relationships?
• Where do we find these?
• What do these groups/people look like?
• If you were to meditate on the Word and reflect on it throughout the day and discuss it with someone what would be different in your process and how would that impact your life?
• How can you encourage each other in this process?
• What is hindering you?
• What would have to change for you to make this a regular part of your life?