Passage: Matthew 7:7-12
· What sort of letters did you write to Santa Claus as a kid?
· What is a good answer to prayer that you have received?
Talk About It:
· What did Jesus say will happen if we bring our requests to Him? (v. 7)
· How do loving parents respond to a child’s requess? (v. 9-10)
· How can we be encouraged by the sight of godless parents doing good things for their children? (v. 11)
· How are we to treat others? (v. 12)
· What do you tend to pray about?
· Are there any reason why you might be reluctant to pray or ask about something?
· For you, what is the hardest thing about prayer?
· How would you like to see your prayers change?
· What might bring you encouragement to ask God for more?
· How would the world be different if we all lived by the Golden Rule – treating others as we want to be treated?
· When is it hardest for you to treat others with kindness and respect?
· What is something that you will ask God about this week?
· To what relationship do you most need to apply the Golden Rule this week?
· How can we pray for you?