Series: Fixer Upper
Title: Part 2
Date: October 15-16, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
A family culture isn’t defined by decisions, posters, or proclamations. It is defined by daily behavior. Serve others, not your own selfish desires.
Passages: Galatians 5:13; Romans 7:21-8:2; Philippians 2:5-7, 14-15
· When was the last time you had a squabble with a family member?
· Read Philippians 2:1-11
· What four qualities mark unity with Christ? (v. 1)
· What did Paul say about self-centeredness? (v. 3-4)
· How would you restate this in your own words?
· How is Jesus an example of humility and unselfishness for us? (v. 6-8)
· How does Jesus’ example of humility challenge our natural self-centeredness?
· Read Galatians 5:13
· How should we use the freedom we have in Jesus? (v. 13)
· What practical steps can you take this week to demonstrate humility and serve someone else?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?