Series: Those Are Not My People
Title: Part 4
Date: October 1-2, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
Those are my people! Ever person I meet bears the image of God.
Passage: John 13:34-35; Galatians 2:11-21
· Have you ever considered ending a friendship out of fear that your friendship and love for them will condone their behavior? What was that like?
· Read John 13:34-35 and Galatians 5:6
· How would you summarize or restate these verses in your own words?
· Based on these verses, what is at stake based on how Christians love?
· Read Galatians 2:11-21
· In what ways was Cephas not acting in line with the truth of the Gospel? (v. 14-15)
· How is a person justified or made right with God? (v. 15-16)
· As a follower of Jesus, what is the new reality in which we live? (v. 20)
· What fears or concerns come to mind when you think about loving someone and not judging their sin?
· How would you respond to the statement, “How you treat others is a reflection of what you believe.”
· What would it look like for you to display the extravagant love of God for those around you?
· Where is the challenge for you, when it comes to seeing all people as my people, each one bearing the image of God?
· Who is someone that needs to know that you love them?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?