Series: Tough As Nails
Title: Part 3
Date: November 19-20, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money. Give it away!
Passages: Matthew 6:19-24; 1 Timothy 6:17-19
· How do you feel about money?
o It is complicated!
· How would you describe your relationship to money?
o I don’t have enough
o I have too much
o I have enough
· Read Matthew 6:19-24
· Where are we to store our treasure? (v. 20)
· What do you think Jesus means by “store up treasures in heaven”?
· What are some ways to see your resources as connected to heaven or eternity?
· What does your ‘treasure’ reveal about your heart? (v. 21)
· How is money and God connected in our life? (v. 24)
· Read 1 Timothy 6:17-19
· Where are we to place our hope? (v. 17)
· What are we encouraged to do? (v. 18)
· How would you rephrase this command in your own words? (v. 18)
· For you, what are the obstacles to being more generous and willing to share?
· What would help you grow in gratitude and generosity?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?