Series: Tough As Nails
Title: Part 4
Date: November 26-27, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money. Give it away!
Passages: Matthew 27:45-56; John 12:27-28
· Do you have any family traditions connected to the Thanksgiving Holiday?
· Has there ever been a time in your life where you felt abandoned?
· Read John 12:27-28
· What did Jesus ask the Father to do? (v. 28)
· What role should prayer play in times of difficulty?
· Read Matthew 27:45-56
· What did Jesus cry out at the ninth hour? (v. 46)
· How did the Roman Centurion react to the way Jesus died? (v. 54)
· When God seems distant, Phil recommended the acronym CPR. Which of these have been helpful to you in the past?
o Company – you’re in good company (Jesus knows)
o Preach – preach truth to yourself
o Reflect – recall a time when you did feel God’s presence
· Which of these do you think might be helpful to you in the future?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?