Series: Tough As Nails
Title: Part 1
Date: November 5-6, 2016
Speaker: Peter Barber
Do not worry.
Passages: Matthew 6:25-34
· If/when you worry, how do you express it or how does it effect you? (For example: Mental worry – Thinking about ‘what if’ and worst-case scenario? Physical reactions – eating, drinking, finding release, etc.? Emotional reaction – ignore it, discouraged, angry, etc.? Other?)
· What was the last thing that you worried about? (money, work, relationships, health, spouse, kids, image, other?)
· What do you think your worry reveals about your devotions?
· Matthew 6:25-34
· What do we learn from the birds and flowers?
· How is worry living like a non-believer (pagan)?
· What are we to seek? What does this look like for you?
· Brainstorm as a group: What are some creative and practical ways to shift your focus or deal with worry?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?