Series: Surprised by Christmas
Title: Part 1
Date: December 3-4, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
Light is foundational to Christmas, because Jesus is the light of the world.
Passages: John 1:1-20; John 8:12
· Have you ever walked around in the darkness? What was it like?
· Read John 8:12
· Who did Jesus say that He was? (v. 12)
· What did Jesus say would be the result of following Him? (v. 12)
· In what ways is Jesus the light of the world?
· How is or how has Jesus been ‘light’ in your life?
· Read John 1:1-20
· What was John’s role in relation to the light? (v. 6-8)
· What did John indicate and confess about himself? (v. 20)
· In what way is John an example for us to follow?
· What are some practical ways you could reveal the light of Jesus to another this week?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?