Series: That Thing You Do
Title: Part 5
Date: May 7-8, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
God is telling a story.
Our question: How does my small story ﬁt into the context of God’s bigger story?
1. How are things supposed to be?
2. What is the main problem with things as they are?
3. What is the solution and how can it be realized?
Three Answers: _____________
1. The whole world is good.
2. The whole world is fallen.
3. The whole world is going to be redeemed.
God invites me to join him in redeeming all of creation and making all things new.?
· What is one of your favorite stories? Why?
· Phil mentioned that God is telling a story. In His story, the world is good, fallen, and going to be redeemed. As you think about God story, what is one way you see your story fitting into what God is doing?
· Read 2 Corinthians 4:1-18. (Maybe 2 or 3 people can take turns reading)
· What reasons or circumstances tempt you to become discouraged?
· Why did Paul tell the Corinthians not to lose heart? (v. 1)
· What was the message that Paul preached? (v. 5-6)
· How did Paul describe Christians? (v. 7-12)
· What do you think Paul meant by “death is at work in us, but life is at work in you”? (v. 12)
· How would you restate Paul's description of the Christian life in your own words? (v. 7-12)
· What helped Paul to not lose heart? (v. 16-18)
· When God's story seems hard and challenging, where do you find hope or what helps you to not lose heart?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?