Series: Those Are Not My People
Title: Part 1
Date: September 10-11, 2016
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
You become a neighbor when you are kind to others
Passage: Luke 10:30-42
· When was the last time you thought “Those are not my people"?
· What groups or types of people do you like to hang out with?
· How has the groups or types of people you hang out with changed over the years?
· Read Luke 10:30-42
· When was a time that you had a strong sense of belonging?
· What effect did belonging have on you?
· When was a time that you felt excluded or that you didn’t belong?
· What effect did exclusion have on you?
· Who would be modern day examples of:
o The Priest?
o The Levite?
o The Samaritan?
· Who do you feel tempted to exclude? Why is that?
· Is there a foundation to exclude any one?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?