Series: He Is I’m Not
Title: Part 1
Date: January 7-8, 2017
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
The nature of your relationship with God is tightly connected to your perceptions of who God is. We need to align our perceptions of God with Jesus, because he reveals God to us. Most of us have something missing in our understand of God and Jesus. Jesus gives us practical and tangible descriptions of who he is and what he does. We need to wrestle with the question, “Would you like to know who Jesus is?”
Challenge: Do something practical and tangible to deepen your connection to the Vine (Jesus).
Passages: John 15:1-5
· When you think of God, what comes to mind (i.e. characteristics, traits, images, etc.)?
· What has influenced and impacted your perceptions about God?
· How have your perceptions of God changed over time?
· Read John 15:1-5
· What does the vine represent? (v. 5)
· What do the branches represent? (v. 5)
· What can we learn about our relationship with Jesus from the illustration of the vine and branches? What does the nature of the vine and branches indicate?
· What must we do if we want to bear fruit in life? (v. 5)
· For you, what does it look like to remain connected to the vine?
· Have you made the decision to pay attention to your relationship with Jesus in 2017?
· If so, what practical and tangible thing are you doing this week to deepen connection with him? (i.e. using the reading guide, talking with God throughout your day, journey with others, etc.)
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?