Series: He Is I’m Not
Title: Part 5
Date: February 4-5, 2017
Speaker: Phil Vaughan
In the life’s journey, we would all love a map showing the way. However, Jesus does not give us a map, he gives us a person: himself. Jesus gives us relationship and walks with us in all of life, including the most painful and confusing parts of the journey. Throughout the journey we are called to follow Jesus, which means to be in a relationship with him and to be constantly dependent on him.
Passage: John 14:4-6; Matthew 16:24-26
· Have you ever been lost on a journey? What did you experience?
· Read John 14:4-6
· Have you ever wished that you had a map for the journey of life?
· Have your expected God to show up in your journey in a specific way, but it didn’t turn out like you thought it would? What was that like for you?
· For you, what does Jesus mean when he says “I am the way”?
· Read Matthew 16:24-26
· If someone wants to be a disciple of Jesus, what must they do? (v. 24)
· What does it mean to you to “take up your cross” and follow Jesus?
· In what situations do you find it difficult to follow Jesus?
· According to Jesus, what is the worth or value of your soul? (v. 26)
· If our soul is worth more than the entire world, how might that affect our priorities and our daily decisions?
· For you, what is the next step in following Jesus?
· Is there something Jesus has called you to do that you are putting off?
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?