Date: April 14-16, 2017
Speaker: Steve Garcia
Even when all seems darkest, God can do the impossible! With the resurrection, Jesus proved that death is not the end and the story is not over. Anything is possible with God.
Passage: John 20:1-18, 30-31
· Do you have a favorite underdog or come from behind story or experience?
· What is some exciting news you’ve heard in the last few weeks?
· Read John 20:1-18, 30-31
· What did Peter and John discover when they arrived at the tomb? (v. 4-7)
· What did Mary and the disciples do after seeing that Jesus’ body was gone? (v. 10-11)
· How do you usually respond to life’s unexpected events?
· If you had been Mary, Peter, or John, what thoughts would have run through your mind when you discovered the empty tomb?
· How do you think Mary felt when she realized she was talking to Jesus?
· Has there ever been a time when you were exceptionally thrilled about your relationship with Jesus? If so, why was that?
· Why reason does John give for recording the miraculous signs about Jesus? (v. 30-31)
· What is the result of believing in Jesus, the Son of God? (v. 31)
· What is the one thing you need to take away from this study?
· What will help you remember it?
· Is there anything that needs to change in your thinking, actions, or relationships as a result?