Every child should have the opportunity to learn all about Jesus in a safe and loving environment. Our special needs ministry is designed to accommodate children who have a challenging time learning in a standard classroom environment. Our specially trained Ministry Partners will teach a Bible story each week, complete with application points and discussion time. They are equipped to work with children ranging from mild Sensory Processing Disorder to Asperger's and Autism. Many of our volunteers have specialized degrees and/or careers in education, child development and other applicable fields.
- Sensory Friendly Room: Sundays at 11AM
- The goal of this ministry is to create a safe, accepting environment for children with special needs, so children and families feel they are welcome in church regardless their situation or ability.
- This ministry is not strongly focused on curriculum.
- Buddies: The Buddy program is pairing high school students with a younger child who needs some extra support during Sunday school.
- This is offered at 9:00 service but exceptions can be made if needed.
- Night Lights: Parents' Night Out for families with children with special needs.
- Night Lights cares for children with special needs and their siblings (12 and under) for an evening, providing parents/ caregivers respite. The event times will be 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm.
- Our next events are as follows:
- Friday, March 17th
- Friday, April 21st
- Friday, May 19th
- Friday, June 16th
- Friday, July 21st
- Friday, August 18th
- Friday, September 15th
- Friday, October 20th
For more information just click on my picture.