Work on a team to support the Early Childhood Ministry as we create fun and loving weekly experiences that encourage children and families to develop relationships with Christ and with their church family.
- Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Operations – Carry out the ministry vision and strategy by connecting with volunteers and supporting the weekly experience.
- Volunteers – Assist in recruiting, training and equipping volunteers to lead early childhood classes and to work confidently and effectively with their teams.
- Environment – Work collaboratively to maintain an environment that is kid friendly, safe, clean, and aligns with the needs of the church and the school.
- Ensure the ministry area is prepared to receive children and families with proper staffing, equipment, curriculum and supplies.
- Prepare all supplies/spaces for the school after Sunday services, in accordance with the teacher agreements.
- Know and help prepare the curriculum and be able to guide, direct and explain activities to volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Assist in developing volunteers through training and personal relationships.
- Observe proper security and risk management procedures.
- Foster relationships with children and parents in a way that furthers the integrity of the ministry.
- Meet weekly with the Early Childhood Director to report relevant information and discuss ministry related matters.
- Participate in recruiting, special events, trainings, and community events when requested or required by the Early Childhood Director.
- Participate in, team meetings, bi-monthly staff meetings and other key staff experiences as directed by the Early Childhood Director.
- Pursue growth opportunities approved by Early Childhood Director.
This role is 15 hours per week, which include some weekdays (Wednesdays are a must), weekends, holidays (Christmas Eve and Easter services) and some evenings.
This job operates in a church/classroom facility and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must have the ability to hold and carry children up to age two.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Personal, active, growing commitment to Christ.
- As a member of the Southeast Christian Church staff, must believe firmly in the values and mission of Southeast and commit to making Southeast their home church. Must make attending one church service a weekend a priority (agreed on by the Early Childhood Director).
- A heart of Christ in leadership.
- Able to lead, coach, develop and support volunteers.
- Able to lead a classroom of children in the absence of volunteers.
- Have a love for children and for Early Childhood Ministry.
- Be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional.
- Be able to assess and prioritize needs in a calm and collected matter.
- Ideally 2+ years working with children, preferably some experience in a ministry or teaching setting.
- Proficient communication and computer skills.
Collaborates, Manages Conflict, Resourcefulness, Ensures accountability, Communicates Effectively, Plans and aligns, Action oriented, Instills trust, Interpersonal savvy, Develops talent, Demonstrates self-awareness, Builds effective teams