Work on a team to equip, coach and support volunteers to lead fun and loving weekly experiences where young children are encouraged to develop a relationship with Christ and with their church family.
- Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Operations – Carry out the ministry vision and strategy by assisting, supporting and empowering volunteers.
- Volunteers – Assist in recruiting, training and equipping volunteers to lead early childhood areas, and to work with their teams with confidence and effectiveness.
- Environment – Work collaboratively to maintain an environment that is kid friendly, safe, clean, and aligns with the needs of the church and the school.
- Ensure the ministry area is prepared to receive children and families with proper staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Prepare all supplies/spaces for the school on Monday, in accordance with the teacher agreements.
- Know the curriculum and be able to guide, direct and explain activities to volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Assist in developing volunteers through informal training and personal relationships.
- Participate in recruiting, special events, trainings, and community events as directed by Early Childhood Director.
- Encourage, support, and connect with volunteers during the week to build trust and community.
- Observe proper security and risk management procedures.
- Foster relationships with children and parents in a way that furthers the integrity of the ministry.
- Report relevant information to the Early Childhood Director on a weekly basis.
- Participate in monthly planning meetings with the Early Childhood Director.
- Pursue growth opportunities approved by Early Childhood Director.
- Perform other duties as required.
One service per weekend, as agreed upon with the Early Childhood Director. This will be an average of 5-6 hours a week including one service on Sundays, some midweek responsibilities, occasional evenings, and Christmas and Easter services.
This job operates in a church/classroom facility and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Personal, active, growing commitment to Christ.
- As a member of the Southeast Christian Church staff, believe firmly in the values and mission of Southeast and commit to making Southeast their home church. Must make attending one church service a weekend a priority (agreed on by the Early Childhood Director).
- A heart of Christ in leadership.
- Able to lead, coach, develop and support volunteers.
- Able to lead a classroom of children in the absence of volunteers.
- Have a love for children and for Early Childhood Ministry.
- Be positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional.
- Be able to assess and prioritize needs in a calm and collected matter.
- 2+ years working with children, preferably some experience in a ministry or teaching setting.
- Proficient communication and computer skills.
Organizational savvy, Manages conflict, Collaborates, Resourcefulness, Ensures accountability, Drives engagement, Communicates effectively, Plans and aligns, Values differences, Action oriented, Instills trust, Interpersonal savvy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must have the ability to hold and carry children up to age two.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.