The Designer will work with the Communications Team and staff to develop and implement the visual language of the church.
- Work with the Communications team to design and implement the visual language and style of Southeast.
- Generate art for Southeast ministries.
- Create a design strategy and vision based on the direction of the Communications team.
- Contribute to the team by accomplishing projects as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, researching current trends, and participating in professional societies.
- Obtain approval of concepts by submitting rough layout for team feedback.
- Plan concepts by studying information and materials; work with departments to understand goal and focus.
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
This position will be completed in 40 hours per week. Includes evenings when necessary and weekends in support of our regular church services and events, including Christmas Eve and Easter services.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 30 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications or related field a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and the web.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- A faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ, models this to others.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- In agreement with Southeast’s Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Dedicated to the development of God’s people in their roles of discipleship, servanthood and outreach.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter.
- A proven track record for living in and cultivating biblical community.
- Adhere to Southeast’s Staff Expectations: (1) work hard; (2) deal with conflict biblically (Matthew 18); (3) have a "solutions-focused mindset" (propose solutions, not just problems); (4) engage in community, worship and growth by being in a life group and attending one church service each weekend; (5) tithing to the church.
Decision Quality, Technically Proficient, Ensures Accountability, Plans and Aligns, Drives Vision and Purpose, Organizationally Astute, Communicates Effectively, Collaborates, Interpersonally Astute, Manages Ambiguity, Being Resilient, Self-Development, Instills Trust