The Safety and Security Director will seek to glorify God by developing, improving and leading the Southeast Safety and Security ministry and volunteer team by providing a safe environment at Southeast.
- Work cooperatively with staff and volunteer teams to support the ministry of Southeast in the areas of safety and security concerns.
- Recruit, develop/train and lead the Safety and Security team.
- Provide continual training and development for staff and volunteers regarding safety and security.
- Work with Human Resources Department regarding safety and security, as well as assisting with Background Checks, as needed.
- Oversee the Safety and Security volunteer team for weekend services and events.
- Develop and implement emergency procedures.
- Maintain and stock first aid boxes.
- Create and manage the Safety and Security budget.
- Manage & distribute building keys, key cards, and timed electronic access control and schedule.
- Work with outside agencies regarding Southeast’s security program.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 3+ years experience in church security, law enforcement or similar with strong understanding of safety and security.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, especially in Criminal Law/Science.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred (must acquire within first 12 months of employment).
- Must have a valid Colorado Concealed Carry Permit.
- Passion for providing a safe and positive experience for guests.
- Excellent organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, encouragement and motivating skills to lead and develop support staff and volunteers.
- Strong team player able to work with various teams and all levels of the organization.
- Must be positive, proactive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and maintain a professional attitude. Remains calm under stressful situations and can diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations. Has strong listening skills.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the other ministry and operational teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members and guests of Southeast.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and tasks running concurrently.
- Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Web-enabled programs.
- Must be faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ, models this to others and meets the biblical qualifications of leadership.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- Be in agreement with Southeast’s Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision.
- Must attend Southeast Christian Church.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Dedicated to the development of God’s people in their roles of discipleship, servanthood and outreach.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter with the catalytic leadership influence and impact.
- Skilled in building and leading gifts-based teams to accomplish shared purposes, he/she is also a team player who sees the need to take other with him/her in the journey of leadership and leadership development and equip others for community-building impact.
- Strong social, biblical and verbal skills that enable him/her to be an effective and creative communicator.
- A proven track record for living in and cultivating biblical community.
This position will be completed in 40+ hours per week. In addition to day time hours, this position requires Sundays, holidays, and some evenings. On-call availability is a must.
Strategic Mindset, Decision Quality, Manages Complexity, Customer Focus, Ensures Accountability, Action Oriented, Communicates Effectively, Builds Effective Teams, Manages Conflict, Collaborates, Being Resilient, Courage, Instills Trust
This job operates in a professional office/church environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 30 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee needs to have the ability to maneuver their body and move quickly; good hearing and eyesight.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.