Collaborate with the Student team to oversee the ministry strategy for middle school and high school students (6th through 12th grades) that deepens their commitment to Christ and increases their engagement in the Church and the School.
- Shepherd volunteers to ensure spiritual growth and foster community.
- Recruit and onboard leaders who will keep small groups at approximately a 1:8 ratio.
- Equip volunteers to effectively disciple students according to their unique needs and life stage.
- Lead students into taking their next steps for discipleship (such as small group, serving, church attendance) and schedule student appointments and pastor students in need.
- Coordinate with Family Ministries team to develop an annual calendar for special events (retreats, camps, experiences).
- Coordinate with Family Ministries team regarding the attendance of special events.
- Coordinate weekly Chapel for Southeast Christian School, working with a variety of staff and student leaders.
- Facilitate once-weekly small group activities and lessons for Southeast Christian School.
- Teach weekly middle school boys bible study for Southeast Christian School.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly service learning days for Southeast Christian School.
- Minister to students, families, and staff at Southeast Christian School.
- Work closely with administration and staff at Southeast Christian School to dutifully fill the role of School Chaplain.
- Work with Family Ministries Director and Student team in developing annual large group teaching plan.
- Be physically present for all weekly student gatherings.
- Participate in weekly staff, Department, and Strategic Team meetings.
- Participate in annual staff conference events.
- Participate in all weekend services, attending one, working and connecting with students and leaders during the others.
- Coordinate with Family Ministries Team in planning and managing the Student budget.
- Work closely with other Family Ministries staff on any areas of ministry cross-over.
- Partner with other Southeast Staff for special events involving students (VBS, baptisms, church outreach, camps, retreats, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will be completed in approximately 40+ hours per week (essentially separating time 50/50 between the church and school). Includes evenings when necessary and weekends in support of our regular church services and special events, including but not limited to Christmas Eve and Easter services.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones. This job also operates in a Preschool through Eighth grade school setting.
- At least 2 years’ experience on a church staff in student ministry (or related field).
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in youth ministry preferred.
- Has a creative knack for programming (i.e. activities).
- Basic computer and communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ, models this to others and meets the biblical qualifications of leadership.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- In agreement with Southeast’s Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision and commit to making Southeast their home church.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Dedicated to the development of God’s people in their roles of discipleship, servanthood and outreach.
- Skilled in building and leading teams to accomplish shared purposes, he/she is also a team player who sees the need to take others with him/her in the journey of leadership and leadership development and equip others for community-building impact.
- Strong social, biblical and verbal skills that enable him/her to be an effective and creative communicator.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through a high level of personal and professional integrity, confidentiality, commitment and authenticity.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter.
- A team player.
- Maintains an upbeat, positive “can-do” attitude.
- A proven track record for living in and cultivating biblical community.
Attracts top talent, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Manages conflict, Courage, Interpersonal savvy, Being resilient, Resourcefulness, Demonstrates self-awareness, Builds effective teams, Instills trust, Drives results
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; walk and reach with hands and arms.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.